Wednesday, November 24, 2010

Back to My Art

My last couple of entries have been centered on the business end of things. In fact for the last few days my business brain was in overdrive. I've been caught up in the world of counting my stats and clicks and even the click throughs and really haven't done much about my art. The fact of the matter is the business should always be secondary. If I'm not painting, I don't have anything to sell. With nothing to sell it doesn't matter if there are a million clicks, it was all for not. So today, I'm back in the studio.

The first thing I'm really noticing is what a flippin' mess it is. I jumped right into painting last week and never really organized things. I still don't seem to have the proper flow going. My work areas are spilling over on to one another. There are recent half-finished paintings mixed in with my older half-finished paintings, and oddly enough very few finished paintings. Lights set up for photographing work on one side of the room that are stolen from work areas on the other side. I've been painting on a sheet of luan that is pretty much just strewn across two saw horses. My easels are either buried in corners under piles of supplies or full with huge half finished works that I'm hesitating on finishing just yet because the price point will be too high to sell on Cape Cod in the winter.

My mind is going in several different directions:

1.) I feel the need to paint. More specifically finish painting three paintings in a series that I've been working on for about a month.

2.) I don't want to paint them on top of that damn sheet of luan because there is no support. It has become a taboret and an easel in one. Not a good situation because there is too much flex in the luan and my cup of water, my cup of tea, and my cup of brush cleaner keep bouncing around and almost spilling on my work.

3.) My brain is struggling between using repetitive keywords over and over again, and actually sounding like I have a halfway decent vocabulary.
    
4.) Shouldn't I just be painting, screw the damn Blog?
    
5.) Should I just stop painting and writing, organize the studio and paint later.

6.) Will the feeling in #1 still be stirring around inside me when I'm done blogging?

7.) What should I have for lunch?

8.) Tomorrow is Thanksgiving:
      A.) Am I supposed to bring something?
      B.) How am I getting there, I don't have a car?

Until I work these things out in my head I will bid you adieu. Check back later, I'll put up some pictures of anything that I actually accomplish today.

    

No comments:

Post a Comment