Sunday, November 14, 2010

Still Digging...

Sorry I'm so late, but hey, it's a Sunday and I'm working.

It is amazing how much absolute CRAP you can accumulate through the course of your life. I'm talking the literal stuff not the emotional... well, not 'literal ' 'crap', but actual 'stuff '. I couldn't tell you how many times I've moved over the last 10 years. (actually I could, and if you count two ships, It's 13) Each time, I weed out the superfluous, yet I still have enough to fill an entire 12' x 21' room. (and that is just the art supplies...)

Todays job is to continue organizing and setting up my studio. I was kind of hoping that I'd be done by now. I've found enough small canvasses that I have decided that next week, which starts tomorrow, I will paint five (Yes 5!) paintings a day (M-F). It sounds like an incredibly daunting task. It sounds impossible. But, even if I only reach half that goal, I'll still have a dozen paintings. I'm going to stick with smaller sizes (8' x 10", 10" x 12"--ish) and fairly simple seascape/landscape subject matter. So come friday at about 2:30 PM we'll know where I stand on my self-test. In the mean time if anyone has any nice marshy-beachy scenes that they can send me I'm going to need some. Most of the pics I've taken are stuck on my computer in Florida.

So, I know that this has been a fairly short entry, especially considering how much I can generally go on.  (and on... and on...) But, I'll be back tomorrow, maybe, with some pics of my studio in a pseudo-state of completion and some comments on how well (or not...) my challenge is going. I'll keep you informed all week, bounce some ideas off you, maybe I'll ask some technical questions in case there are any working artists out there secretly following. In the mean time everyone take care and enjoy another gorgeous day on Cape Cod, or wherever you maybe.

No comments:

Post a Comment